Anybody who reads this blog knows I am not a fan of Donald Trump, but the “beheading” stunt of Kathy Griffin was not only outrageous and offensive, but it was simply overwhelmingly stupid and crass.
Here are ten things Griffin might have considered before she took part in such an idiotic enterprise:
- By Joking About Violence You Validate It – when you make jokes about something serious. What would happen, for example, if someone were to joke about a black man being lynched? You assume the joker is okay with black people being lynched. Putting aside the fact of Trump being a duly elected president, simply joking about be heading says you think its not really a big deal. That’s dumb.
- A Photoshoot Showing a Beheading Boosts ISIS – The terrorist group really do behead people. They go public with it. They’re proud of what they do. The photoshoot plays off that and says, “ISIS is pretty cool. This beheading thing is fun.” Really?
- A Picture Shouts a Thousand Words – You thought it was a joke? You’re a comedian and you don’t realize the power of humor and satire? Your pictures tells the world exactly how you feel–not just about President Trump, but about men, about life, about human dignity about yourself. Small person.
- Nobody Will Believe Your Apology – There were too many conversations with your photographer friend about how you knew the image would be offensive and how you knew what you were doing was going too far. Because of this your apology is only caused further offense. Not smart.
- People Know Cheap Publicity Stunts For What They Are – Did you think the public were so stupid? We can see a cheap and tawdry publicity stunt for what it really is. Flagging career? Need a few headlines (no pun intended) to get some attention? This is what middle school children do when they want attention. Sad.
- This Will Not Hurt Trump – Did you really think such a childish photo rant would actually hurt Trump? Do you have so little understanding of human nature and human psychology? This will not only fire up Trump’s supporters even more, but it will push a lot of people sitting on the fence right down off the fence into Trump’s pep rally. You wanted to hurt Trump? Not a smart move. Continue Reading
Image Creative Commons via Bing